The Best Real Estate Apps for Android
So you’ve spent years saving, researching, and planning and now you’re finally ready to a buy a home. Congratulations! This is a huge step in life.
Now comes the hard part: Actually figuring out what you want to buy. There are a lot of factors to consider when purchasing a home. It’s important to consider things like proximity to work, property taxes, which school district the property is in and the age of the construction. It’s a lot of information to take in, especially for a first-time buyer. And that’s even before you get into things like financing, home inspections, and any legal issues that might pop up during the process. But of course technology can make finding the right home a little bit easier. Google Play is absolutely packed with real estate apps, so it can be hard to find the truly great ones, but a handful of apps stand out as the very best real estate apps on Android.
REALTOR.COM REAL ESTATE, HOMES
Realtor.com has established itself as the premiere website to find a new home in recent years, and the Realtor.com app continues that tradition of excellence. The app boasts that 90% of its listings are updated every 15 minutes, and that the other 10% are updated at least once a day. Based on reviews and experimenting with the app, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to doubt that claim. Nearly every property has a ton of pictures that are easy to swipe through. You can draw your own search area to find the location that is perfect for you, and in a feature that is oft-requested by parents and lacking in many competitors, the app also tells you precisely which school district a property falls in. You might find your dream home using another app, but Realtor.com is the best place to start looking for a home, and one of the best real estate apps you can download.
ZILLOW MORTGAGE CALCULATOR
Growing up, your math teachers probably told you that you needed to learn all sorts of crazy formulas to get by in life because you wouldn’t have a calculator with you all the time. But you teachers were wrong, oh so wrong. If you’re trying to figure out how much you can afford in a monthly mortgage payment, and what sort of down payment you need, this app gives you the exact figure after calculating your income, taxes and other debts. You just plug in the numbers and get the results. There’s no soul-crushingly difficult math required. The app even puts you in touch with lenders in your area and shows you their current mortgage rates. Like Realtor.com, Zillow is another highly-respected player in the online mortgage industry, and this app makes the list of best real estate apps exactly because it’s the same high quality that you would expect from the company.
CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE MOBILE
If you want to go with a real estate broker that’s been in the business for decades, the Century 21 app is the way to go. You can use the GPS on your Android to find nearby homes for sale or rent. You can also use it to find open houses, which is a great way to avoid driving around aimlessly during those weekend searches for the perfect new home. However, the app doesn’t quite have all the same ways to sort through homes that are available in the Realtor.com app. Some user reviews report that the listings are a little out of date. Still, it’s a great app to help you find what you’re looking for, and easily one of the best real estate apps on Android.
TRULIA REAL ESTATE AND RENTALS
Trulia is another fantastic app that has a lot of the same functionality of other apps on this list like photo slideshows. There’s also the ability to find homes through GPS (or searching tons of other conditions like number of bedrooms and neighborhood location). Trulia stands apart, however, by letting you view home locations through satellite and terrain maps, which goes beyond just traditional maps found in most other apps. There’s also a lot of information about the character of your new neighborhood, like restaurants and shopping. And perhaps of most interest to many prospective buyers, you can also view a crime map of any neighborhood in the U.S. so that you’ll know you’re getting a home where it’s unlikely anything will go wrong. These features combined easily put Trulia among the best real estate apps you can download on Google Play.
Buying a home is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make, which is why it’s so important to get it right the first time. Finding the perfect home before the rise of the internet and smartphones used to be a bit of a crap shoot, but with the abundance of information out there now about every property and neighborhood in the country, it’s become much easier to find the perfect home using the best real estate apps on Android.